Position Title: Street Commissioner
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
Position Function: Under supervision of Mayor and Village Council, this position is responsible for maintenance of public roads, catch basins, and grounds. This position also oversees the seasonal village park mowing position.
- Mosquito spraying during season (license required and must be able to obtain recertification every two years), ability to keep detailed spraying records as required by law, ordering of spray each year, and be responsible for having sprayer tested each year prior to spraying
- Snow plowing and salting as required, November-April, on call
- Service and maintenance of truck, plow, salt spreader, and related equipment; transport of salt; end of year cleaning of equipment
- Maintain backhoe, large dump truck, mowers, trimmers, street pick up, leaf vac, chipper, grader
- Maintain barricades and build new ones
- Monthly brush chipping, April-October. Service and maintenance of truck, chipper and related equipment. Chipping operation is on call in case of storm-downed limbs and trees.
- Maintain catch basins and tiles
- Installs, maintains and replaces street and traffic signs as required
- Leaf pick up and disposal – October-November, longer if necessary. Co-ops with the Village of Wayne with leaf machine and labor. Service and maintenance of related equipment.
- Mowing, weed and leaf removal of park and other village property (see list below) in the Spring and Fall when seasonal worker is not available, service and maintenance of all mowers within the village
- Maintain streets- fill potholes, crack sealer
- Maintain curbs- sweep, repair and replace
- Plant and water trees
- Mowing along railroad – this is a job that we do to keep the village looking nice on our own
- Maintain picnic tables at the park, open/close bathrooms and drinking fountain for the season yearly, orders all paper products for Town Hall, Fire Dept, Light Plant, and bathrooms within the village
- Assists with tree planting and removal program
- Assists with park projects such as playground equipment, installation, equipment repair and maintenance and trash collection/removal
- Transports food for food assistance program
- Repair streets and catch basins. Cleans and repairs storm sewers. Inspect tie-ins.
- Installs catch basins, curbs and other street-related infrastructure.
- Does street painting as required
- Grades alleys and gravel streets
- Maintenance on all village buildings
- Inspect sidewalk & driveway approaches before installation
- Confers with engineers and contractors regarding street and sewer projects
- Orders and maintains necessary inventory of materials and tools
- Obtains bids and prices for vehicle and equipment purchases
- Contacts contractors for costs of services such as storm sewer and street cleaning
- Gives Street Commissioner’s report at Council meetings (1st and 3rd Thursday of each month)
- Ball diamond at park
- Railroad tracks (both sides)
- Vacant lot
- Town Hall
- Edmonds St.- south side
- James St.- south side
- Triangles at St. Rt. 281 and Lightner
- Rt. 281 west of town- north side
- Cherry Street across for park- north side
Physical Requirements: Job requires incumbent to talk/hear and move limbs/fingers easily to perform manual functions repeatedly. Must also be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Description of Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily outside in conditions that include temperature extremes, dust and dirt and excessive noise.
Experience and/or Education Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent; Commercial Class B driver’s license with air brake endorsement
Benefits: Uniforms are provided (shirts and pants only), health insurance, OPERS, clothing allowance of $300 per year, cell phone
Pay is based on experience
Applications are located on the Village of Bradner website, www.bradnerohio.org, or at Town Hall 130 N. Main St. Bradner, OH. They can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to PO Box 599 Bradner, OH 43406 or dropped off at Town Hall between 8:30am-5:00pm M-F.